Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Color affection: done!

I have been talking about this shawl for such a long time, but knitting it has taken more time than I thought it would. It's the Color Affection, an amazing project by the super-talented Veera Välimäki.
It's been my longest project so far - and one of the few finished ones actually - and it's been some kind of zen experience for me.
It has taught me patience. And also how to block a finished piece.
So...here it is while blocking

I improvised the blocking with what I had at home
It's a bit smaller than I thought by looking at other people's pics. And I followed the pattern and got this weird shape, which I absolutely adore and makes it even better to wear


I am so proud ^_^ and will definitely make another one...sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment