Sunday, December 5, 2010

Back from Madrid

I got back from my 2 weeks vacation in Madrid last friday.
What can I say...I'm not sure what to feel after I saw so many things, places and eaten so many wonderful dishes!
I have hundreds of pics but I'm sure you could see most of them on google, so I'll just show you the weirdest.
I've spent the first weekend with my best friend Silvia (yeah, 2 Silvias, and our parents have the same names too!!!) and we couldn't miss the chance to have this vintage photograph



This lady was a real stylist, she's awesome! The picture seems to be from the 20's and now I need a proper frame for it.

I also made some strange encounter...



I ate so much I gained 3 kg in 2 weeks, which is terrible right before Xmas!
This is one of the many tapas we had in a wonderful place which I highly recommend - Lateral, in Plaza Sant Ana



It's a potato filled with mashed potato, cheese and ham, with a fried quail egg on top.
It was delicious! Need not to say everybody was looking at our table...
I also fell in love with the Lomo iberico. The most delicious ham in the world



On my 2nd weekend there they finished building the Xmas tree in Plaza del Sol and lighted it



It was great, you could get inside and have pictures - I made like 10 pics, I think it was beautiful



Can be a nice inspiration for some beaded project!

I used the weekends to visit 2 beautiful cities near Madrid, Toledo and Segovia.
Toledo has beautiful buildings and great surroundings



Segovia is famous for its huge roman aqueduct. Never seen such a big one either in Italy



not to mention the breathtaking cathedral and the Alcazar, the castle, seemed like Cinderella was going to come out of it!

Now I'm waiting for my Mom to come tomorrow morning and I think we'll have a trip to Venice if the weather is good.
And really have no idea when to bead!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I can definitely see that tree turning into a bracelet! Don't you love all the fun places we get inspiration as artists? I have a bracelet in my head from going to see "Tangled" with my family the other night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I'll surely make something out of that tree!and not only that, got about 300 pics ^_^

    ReplyDelete